Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Note from Tomoko...


I am so heavy hearted to see the devastation that Japan and her people are going through right now. Last year was my second time travelling to Japan with my family. It is definitely our favourite holiday destination. But last year's trip to Japan was a memorable and meaningful one.So many sweet memories. It was so beautiful a trip. Besides the great holiday with the family, I had the opportunity to be acquanted with so many Japanese scrapbookers and some has become my very good friends. Friends that I treasure and think of all the time and I miss them so much...

Knowing that it is a difficult time right now for them, I am glad that I can help with what I can HERE.

At Tomoko's blog she has updated about her call for scrappers, to contribute scrapbook pieces so that she can sell them and donate to the Japan Red Cross Society. Please check her blog for more details and here's part of what she has shared..

" I want to call out for your help. I am thinking of selling artists/scrapper's creations on online in Japan(they can be cards or anything) and donate the profit to Japan Red Cross Society, where they can send the profit to the places that were affected. I will be making some projects myself too.

If you are able to help, please send me an email to "
ponyo0315@gmail.com" so I can send you the address to send your creation(s).

***Since all profits will be donated, I hope you will understand that I will not be able to pay for the expenses."


I hope to see many of you contribute your beautiful pieces of art to her and make this successful. Thank you so much everyone.

love
jaz

8 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

my heart breaks when i see what has happened in japan. thank you for sharing the note from tomoko with us. *hugs* steph

deb famularo said...

Hi Jaz,
I just e-mailed your friend Tomoko and I am definitely helping out. (Though my e-mail didn't seem to go through. I left her a message on her blog.) ???
Thanks for sharing this. So sad the devastation this week in Japan. Hope you are doing well. love deb xoxo

Blossom inch said...

yes Jaz, I saw her note through Maigo Kameda and I am joining.

So sad to see the news and my prayers for all the people in Japan.

Hugs
xoxo

Jona Panesa said...

will email Tomoko and send her cards. so glad she is ok.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Thanks for sharing this, Jaz. We are all very upset with what is happening in Japan :(

Coochies & All said...

I have no words to describe how I feel for the japanese right now Jaz - you know I LOVE the country and the people very much - it's like my second home having been there for 4 consecutive years. Thanks for publishing tomoko's blog here - I will write to her and send her my cards and quilts - going to see if I can make some this weekend. I want to help but didn't know how to - thanks for this Jaz.
elaine t

Jolanda said...

I was so happy to hear Tomoko is oke...it's so sad what happened in Japan..
Thank you for sharing this,we can help all...!!!!
x

mignonnelulu said...

This catastrophic event has been quite a tough one to swallow. Was in London when rcved such news...Cldnt believe what had happened as I was only there 2wks ago. My heart and prayers go out to the Japanese. Yet I know their resilient nature will pull them thru these tough times. Thanks for helping Tomoko spread her msg of love..it's heartwarming to know that every little bit of help goes a long way ;)